For many businesses, printing can cost up to 3% of annual revenues, yet 90% of businesses have no cost controls in place and don’t monitor their print environment. In fact, for many companies, their print environment is often the last unaudited area of their business.
Taking simple steps can help keep print costs under control. Here are some tips to help you lower your printing expenses in no time!
- Change Printer Settings: This is an easy and immediate way to lower your printing costs. For example, defaulting your device to print two-sided copies cuts down on paper use. Printing in “draft” mode provides good quality for everyday documents while lowering toner use. Carefully limiting color printing to an as-needed basis can mean big savings.
- Limit Paper Choices: You may use a variety of different papers like inkjet, laser, heavyweight or other specialty papers on occasion, but this can often result in waste and higher costs. Consider using a good multipurpose paper for day-to-day printing. Keep specialty papers boxed and away from the device.
- Set-up Permissions, Rules and Protocols: Most likely your accounting team doesn’t have the need to print in color very often, while your marketing team probably does on a daily basis. By creating permissions, rules, and protocols by user or department you can significantly cut waste and lower your print costs. You’ll also be better able to monitor users to better analyze other potential areas for saving.
- Embrace the “Paperless Office”: By scanning directly to the cloud, digitizing invoices, receipts and other documents you can create easy to store, editable searchable documents. You’ll not only cut print costs, but you’ll also reduce storage needs so you can free up valuable office real estate.
- Replace Older Inefficient Technology: Old inefficient technology uses more energy, requires frequent repairs and slows productivity. Upgrading to new efficient technology can offer immediate savings.
Engaging a Managed Print Services provider can help you to lower costs even more. By taking a comprehensive approach MPS can help you improve workflows, increase productivity, and significantly reduce costs.
Ready to learn more? Call us today and we can show you how Managed Print Services can help you lower costs up to 30%, increase productivity, streamline workflows and grow your business!