At United Business Systems, our commitment to the environment and the communities we serve are a major consideration for how we do business, and who we choose to partner with. Green Office Programs benefit those in the present and the future, and with initiatives like our Zero Landfill Cartridge Recycling program, and our partner Canon’s corporate philosophy and dedication to Kyosei — “all people…living and working together into the future”, we are readily able to meet the demands of our customers today, while maintaining valuable resources for tomorrow.
Green print strategies and practices needn’t be overly complex to be effective: waste and expenses can easily be reduced by making a conscious and consistent effort to use less energy, paper, water and other resources. Our business philosophy includes a number of provisions for eco-friendly options in day-to-day practices, in addition to a number of long term initiatives.
Truth in Numbers
- 17 percent of printed pages are never used.
- 70 percent of used print cartridges end up in the landfill.
- 100 pounds of waste is created annually by the average laser printer.
- 1000 years is the length of time it takes for a used print cartridge to decompose.
Zero Landfill Cartridge Recycling Program
Our complimentary Zero Landfill Program leverages proprietary technology to surpass current practices and eliminate the need to burn, export, or send any component of a used print cartridge to the landfill.
Most businesses are unaware of the true environmental impact of standard cartridge recycling programs. Download our Zero Landfill brochure to learn more about why you should make the switch today!
Here are just a few examples of what we’ve accomplished in our own offices!
- Canon Copier Refurb Program
Refurbishing outdated or unwanted equipment is a great way to extend the lifespan and usability of a product that may otherwise be destined for the landfill. Our in-house refurb team refurbishes copiers for resale, reducing environmental impact and providing you with an affordable, high quality solution to fit your needs.
- Equipment Reuse and Toner Recycle Program
Through each step of the acquisition, delivery, set-up and removal process, our team is dedicated to maintaining the highest environmental accountability standards. Our feature-rich machines are designed to save energy, paper and toner while reducing your impact on the environment and saving you money.
- Paper Recycling Program
Every ton of recycled paper saves 17 trees, uses 50 percent less water, 64 percent less energy, and creates 74 percent less pollution. As part of our green initiative, paper recycle bins are abundant throughout office work spaces and testing areas.
- Reusable Cups
Employees and visitors alike are encouraged to use reusable cups or mugs provided by UBS, or to bring their own. 56 billion paper cups are thrown away in the U.S. each year, and 20 million trees are used to make them.
- Toner Recycling Program
More than 300 million ink and toner cartridges are discarded in America each year. Contact one of our representatives today to learn more about toner recycling programs in your area.
- Every Canon fax machine, laser printer, multifunction device, and scanner is ENERGY STAR® certified.
- Canon works closely in conjunction with the EPA to ensure their technology meets or exceeds the rigorous standards of the ENERGY STAR® program.
- In 2010 Canon was awarded the title of ENERGY STAR® Partner.
- Canon is a proud participant in the EPA’s WasteWise and SmartWay Transport programs which help to lessen the environmental impact of municipal refuse and transportation activities.
Paperless Office Solutions
Paperless Office Solutions
There is no better way to positively impact your budget and the environment than by moving towards a paperless office environment. Our paperless technology solutions can be customized to fit the unique needs of your organization and can help make your office more efficient and sustainable. Contact us today to learn more.
- Document Storage and Management Solutions – Digitally manage, secure, store and retrieve all your documents with customized solutions.
- Fax Solutions – With a fax server, receive your faxes as an email attachment saving time, energy, and consumables.
- Scanning Solutions – Reduce the use of paper in your office environment by converting hard copy documents to digital.