Do you spend a lot of time looking for information? A recent McKinsey report found that employees spend an average of 1.8 hours searching and gathering information every day. That’s 9.3 hours per week of lost time.
Today, technology has made finding information that matters easy. It doesn’t have to cost you almost 10 hours of lost productivity each week!
A document management system digitally organizes your documents, making them easy to access and keeping them centralized. By making information easy to find, the time your team saves can be redirected to mission-critical tasks. A document management system is a perfect solution to streamline processes and simplify document retrieval.
The Many Benefits of Document Management
Besides time savings, you’ll enjoy many other benefits when you implement a document management system. Here are just a few:
- Centralized Document Management – Digitized documents are easily categorized, stored, organized, and disposed of digitally. Files can be searched using keywords, key phrases, tags, and categories.
- Improved Collaboration – Document management systems allow your team members to share ideas, edit and collaborate on documents in real-time. This can reduce the time spent on projects and make it easier to pass them on to the next team member. Changes are saved, and multiple versions are created to document the journey of any document.
- Enhanced Data Security– Managed document systems are safe and secure. You can implement access controls. Managers can allow access to individuals based on need. Modifications and changes are tracked, and audit information is stored in the document’s history.
- Simplified Search and Retrieval – Document management helps streamline the file retrieval process by allowing you to search using any number of parameters, including keywords, phrases, tags, or categories, instead of sorting through piles of paper.
- Improve Sustainability– When you switch from paper to a digital system, you save a significant amount of paper, toner, and have less need to print, scan, and fax. Paperless systems are a step in the right direction. They’re not only more sustainable, but they also improve cost-efficiency.
A document management system is a great, paper-free way to organize, edit, and store all types of documents. Are you ready to learn more? Call your UBS representative today, and let us show you how a document management system can free time and help you to grow your business!