Nothing is more annoying than not being able to print a critical document when you need it. The truth is, today’s office machines are complex technology that combine software and hardware to print, copy, scan, and fax. As we all know, sometimes issues can arise but the good news is many common print problems are pretty easy to fix.
Here are some common problems and the quick fixes that can keep your office humming.
Problem: Documents Take Too Long to Print
The Fix: Complex or high-resolution images take longer to print. Try choosing a lower resolution like “draft or standard.” Printers have minimal memory. Increasing machine RAM can speed up the printing process.
Problem: Paper Jams
The Fix: Paper jams happen for a number of reasons. Here are a couple of quick fixes:
• Check the Control Panel – The printer’s control panel should tell you where the jam is located and provide instructions to fix the problem.
• Use the Right Weight Stock – Make sure you’re using a paper weight that is supported by your device.
• Open the Paper Tray and Fan the Paper – This removes static electricity which can cause sheets to cling together and jam your printer.
• Use the Paper Guides – Keep the paper straight so it properly feeds into your device.
• Check the Paper Path – Make sure there are no paper clips, staples, or other debris in the paper path. Remove anything that’s not supposed to be there.
Problem: Poor Print Quality
The Fix: Print quality is often paper or driver related. Make sure your paper is supported by the device. Check to make sure your print driver is current. Quality check toner cartridges.
When in doubt, make sure everything is plugged in properly. Try shutting the device down, keep it off for 5 to 10 minutes, then reboot. Check the network cable, make sure the WiFi is on and connected.
If these tips don’t solve your problem, give us a call. We’re here to help!